GCSE English

GCSE English is made up of controlled assessments and one big, bad exam at the end of year 11. Changes to the way the course is assessed means that your controlled assessments (work you prepare for in school and then take, in exam conditions) counts for 40% of your overall grade and your big, bad Unit 1 exam counts for the other 60%. You will still be assessed for your speaking and listening skills but this will be a separately graded element and won’t count towards your English GCSE grade (which is kind of rubbish if you’re brilliant at that 😦 )

Check out the English/English Language Unit 1 Exam tab for lots of tips/advice/past papers/examples or check out the controlled assessment section for top tips on that.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

English Teacher Numero Uno

%d bloggers like this: